We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Application Developer at NREL
ASAP - 9/30/16
Wanted: a spatial web application developer interested in making a difference in the world by changing the way people think about energy. The ideal candidate is experienced in web application and interactive data visualization, as well as excited about our mission. You will support a family of applications built on our OpenCarto framework for evaluating opportunities for renewable energy deployment around the world, such as https://maps.nrel.gov/geothermal-prospector/ and our Geospatial Toolkit http://www.nrel.gov/international/geospatial_toolkits.html. This position requires excellent web application development skills as well as ability to collaborate and openly communicate with across functional and organizational borders.
Duties shall include, but not be limited to:
• We have a team of geospatial data scientists and web developers who are passionate about their work to design, develop, test and deploy applications that enable decisions around the world for implementing renewable energy. As part of the team you will
• Develop, test, and maintain intuitive user interfaces for web-based renewable energy GIS applications
• Develop, test, and maintain dynamic interactive data visualizations using web technologies
• Develop, test, and maintain RESTful APIs for data dissemination and spatial analysis
• Import and maintain spatial data layers in both database (PostgreSQL/PostGIS) and flat file (HDF, raster) formats
• Configure and test WMS and WFS layers using Geoserver and PostGIS
The candidate chosen must be able to work independently, but be willing to follow direction and be able to follow the standards developed by the team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• The ideal candidate would have proven experience in these areas:
• Web API development utilizing Ruby on Rails, and PostgreSQL,
• Collaborative development using GitHub/GitHub Enterprise
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to simultaneously contribute to and complete multiple tasks and to meet the needs of multiple customers
• Detail-oriented, good teamwork skills, willingness to learn, strong problem-solving skills, and adaptability to a rapidly changing work environment.
• Experience in Python and/or GIS analysis techniques is a significant plus.