We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* System Administrator, Senior on EED-2
ASAP - 9/30/16
SA will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of system COTS, application software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system COTS, operating systems, software systems, application software and related procedures adhere to EED and NASA standards and policies.
SA will participate in all phases of system development and deployment. These activities include technical analysis and design as well as support of development and operations staff in testing and deploying the system to operational environment. Participation also involves the transition of software from development to production by performing deployment activities within the project life-cycle.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Install new / rebuild existing physical and virtual servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS/application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
Perform ongoing performance, system and application tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as
• Must have experience automating tasks using scripting languages (e.g., shell, Perl, Python, Powershell)
• Must have knowledge of core system and security applications and protocols such as basic TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, NFS, LDAP, SSH, Kerberos.
• Must have foundational understanding and working skills in analyzing and correcting application and network anomalies.
• Must have knowledge of Web service platforms such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Ruby on Rails
• Must have knowledge of storage volume management and filesystems
• Must have proven understanding of high availability, data/system replication, and disaster recovery methodologies in the system and database spaces.
• Must have knowledge of VMWare virtualization.
• Candidate must possess an active public trust clearance or the ability to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquiries (NACI) screening.
• U.S. Citizen
Required Education & Experience:
• Must have a BS degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, or 6 years direct experience in lieu of degree
• Must have a minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator (RedHat or CentOS Linux 6 or 7)
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org