We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Operation Support Lead, Sr. on EED-2
ASAP - 9/30/16
Operation Support Lead, Sr.
Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping mankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be an Operation Support Lead, Senior on the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program for Raytheon at their Riverdale location in Maryland.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
The NASA EED Program is looking for a Sr Operations Support Lead to work in a fast-paced Agile environment performing operational support and application hosting on-boarding activities for Eathdata web-Infrastructure. The ideal candidate will share responsibility for the availability, maintenance and troubleshooting of NASA Earthdata’s applications. They will also provide development support for operational tools. The ability to assist in the maintenance of our Oracle/PostGres database environment would be a plus.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
• Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in software development, systems engineering, and the deployment and transition of information systems into complex, federated systems with high availability requirements.
• UNIX/Linux OS
• Shell scripting
• Experience developing server-side applications in Ruby, Clojure or other dynamic and functional languages.
• Knowledge of at least one formal programming language: Java, etc.
• In-depth full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
• Familiarity with the git source code management system.
• Full understanding of HTML5/CSS (ability to hand-code semantic markup and style it)
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player
• All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
• U.S. Citizen
• Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
• Java and/or Clojure
• Database Administration (preferably Oracle or PostGres)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
• Familiarity with NASA’s EOSDIS project the EED program, CMR or ECHO
• Keep the production environment available to NASA Earthdata’s users and partners.
• Apply OS patches and deploy new releases in the SIT, UAT and Production environments
• Provide technical support the Earthdata user and partner communion
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org