We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Software Engineer - EED2
Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping mankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a Software Engineer on the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program for Raytheon at their Riverdale location in Maryland.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
• Develop/enhance custom code for Sentinel data ingest, data distribution, and inventory management capabilities using agile development approach
• Perform external interface testing with ESA’s Scientific Data Hub and the DAACs to ensure that the NSG system meets the functional and performance requirements
• Perform custom software and database design, generate design documentation, and conduct design review
• Provide technical support to the NSG performance testing activities including developing a test plan, analyzing test results and evaluating design alternatives
• Provide technical support in diagnosing NSG software related issues encountered during daily NSG operation and provide bug fixes as required
• 0-2 years of Software Engineering/Development experience preferably in the area of earth science data systems.
• Experience in agile development methodology and practices
• Hands-on programming experience using Java, PostgreSQL, SQL, Hibernate, XML
• Proficiency in Linux shell scripting, and Perl or Python
• Experience using Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Stash, Confluence), Eclipse, and Maven
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
• All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
• U.S. Citizen
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org