We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Software Engineer Senior on EED-2
• As a member of the team you will participate in the development and enhancement of the next generation application platform for the NASA EED program
• Ensure compliance to various program/project and NASA standards and requirements as well as the legal requirements of (SEC-508)
• Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of application hosting in the cloud, with 6 years of experience using virtual machines in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment
• In-depth of Amazon Web Services products and services
• 5-8 years of in-depth experience in designing, implementing, and supporting infrastructures and operations
• Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
• 5-8 years of experience with the UNIX OS and server side scripting languages
• Must have proven ability to manage, prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration tools and has an open communication style
• Must possess the ability to assess architecture and current system limitations
• Bachelor’s Degree
• All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
• U.S. Citizen
• Experience with cloud computing/architectures
• Experience with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
• Programming experience in Java, Ruby on Rails or Clojure, particularly within an Agile development environment.
• Experience deploying code to virtual machines using best-of-breed software packages for CI (continuous integration)/CD (continuous deployment) tools. Examples of tools are Capistrano, Bamboo, Puppet, and Chef
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org