We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Software Engineer Senior on EED-2
The position shall work with development teams and EOSDIS sponsor on-board and support cloud-based software solutions onto the NGAP Platform. The engineer should have:
• Experience designing, developing and implementing and securing cloud environments.
• Hands-on technical experience with one or more cloud-based application platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure and have previous experience consulting on and architecting the implementation of a wide range of innovative cloud use cases.
• Develop an overall project plan for the entire engagement, including milestones and critical success checkpoints.
• The consultant shall have a strong understanding of the business needs for customer cloud adoption and ability to design the environment to meet those needs.
• The engineer shall be involved within developing requirements documentation for cloud deployments and initiatives. The engineer shall develop an implementation plan for the cloud solution.
• Ensure compliance to various program/project and NASA standards and requirements as well as the legal requirements of (SEC-508).
• Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of application hosting in the cloud, with 6 years of experience using virtual machines in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
• In-depth of Amazon Web Services products and services.
• 5-8 years of in-depth experience in designing and implementing, and supporting infrastructures and operations. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
• 5-8 years of experience with the UNIX OS and server side scripting languages.
• Must have proven ability to manage, prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities.
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration and open communications.
• Must possess the ability to assess architecture and current system limitations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
• U.S. Citizen
• Experience with cloud computing/architectures
• Experience with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
• Experience in scripting and other support tools languages
• Experience deploying code to virtual machines using best-of-breed software packages for CI (continuous integration)/CD (continuous deployment) tools. Examples of tools are Capistrano, Bamboo, Puppet, and Chef
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org