We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Software Engineer Associate on EED-2
A talented software engineer is needed on Raytheon’s EED (EOSDIS Evolution and Development) team which supports NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions. As a member of the EED team, software engineers will build innovative tools allowing scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update and improve the quality of earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic issues. Specifically, this opening is for a software engineer on EED’s Common Metadata Repository (CMR) team. The CMR is a repository for ~300M earth science metadata records from around the world. It receives approximately 1.5M queries per week and is envied for its speed and reliability.
EED is committed to using agile development practices on its high performing teams. As such, software engineers are expected to be self-starters and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from user story generation, through design, development, automated testing and operational support. Additionally, software engineers are encouraged to regularly suggest improvements to EED processes and tools in order to make our products better and our work more efficient.
• 0-2 years of experience as a Software Engineer using languages on the JVM (Clojure, JRuby, Java)
• Ability to work as a member of small team using the Scrum development methodology
• Firm commitment to automated testing and continuous integration
• Proponent of continuous improvement and willingness to bring new ideas to the team
• Degree in a technical major, such as Computer Science or Engineering
• All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
• U.S. Citizen
• Experience with Clojure
• Experience with Elasticsearch
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with Geographic information systems (GIS)
• Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
• Experience with Ruby on Rails
• Experience developing on MacOS X and deploying to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org