We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Software Developer on EED-2
Software development position to support an NASA program which involves the maintenance and evolution of the EOSDIS ECS system. The ECS system ingests, distributes, and stores on-line earth science data. This system is currently operational at 3 NASA Data Centers. This system runs on a Linux platform and is implemented largely in Java and C++. The underlying databases are PostgreSQL and Oracle. The candidate shall support development of custom code and integration of COTS software for current, future, and past releases of the software, including support to multiple subsystem components. The candidate shall perform design, development, integration, and test in support of software deliveries. The candidate shall follow established Raytheon and EED processes, work as an integrated team member on the EED Project, and work with less experienced developers. The software engineer shall be familiar with and follow the program schedules and meet the established program milestones.
• Minimum of 5 years of directly applicable work experience in supporting development and sustainment of a large system in a Linux environment (8 years preferred)
• minimum of 4 years of experience writing Database applications using SQL, Java or C++, and a RDBMS procedure language
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics
• All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
• U.S. Citizen
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Ruby, or shell scripts
• Experience in integration of large complex systems
• Experience with PostgreSQL RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, Selenium, Tomcat, TestTrack Pro, and Sun Java System Web Server
• Two years of team or technical leadership
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Red Canyon contracts with NASA, NREL (National Renewable Energy Lab), DoD, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, Millennium Engineering, United Launch Alliance, Harris Inc., SAIC, Lewis & Fowler, Ball Aerospace, Sierra Nevada Corporation, and Raytheon among others. We specialize in building spacecraft, developing renewable energy technologies to help make our planet a better world and cutting edge research and development. Our disciplines include systems engineering, mechanical design, structural analysis, real time flight and ground software, simulation software, user interface software, and mission management software. We help our contractors with the full life cycle of product development from requirements to test and delivery.
Some of the programs we have previously or currently worked on include: Mars 98, Odyssey 01, Stardust, Genesis and Deep Impact, Mars Phoenix, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Orion, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, GOES-R, OSIRIS-REx, Maven, JUNO, Grail, and the MarsFlight and LunarSIM Simulation. We also work on classified programs.
Red Canyon is located in scenic Denver, Colorado. We are a small company that maintains a flat organization to decrease our overhead and costs to our customers. Our number one focus is to solve some of the most complicated engineering problems humankind is facing.
We have a fun and talented team of engineers and we are committed to our engineers continued success and development. Included in our employment package are immediate HUBZone bonus, health benefits, profit sharing, referral bonuses, and a generous 401(K) retirement plan.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org