We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Software Engineer Senior on EED-2
The NASA EED Program is looking for a Software Engineer, Senior to work in a fast-paced Agile environment performing operational support and application hosting on-boarding activities for Eathdata web-Infrastructure. The ideal candidate will share responsibility for the availability, maintenance and troubleshooting of NASA Earthdata’s applications. They will also provide development support for operational tools. The ability to assist in the maintenance of our Oracle/PostGres database environment would be a plus.
• Keep the production environment available to NASA Earthdata’s users and partners
• Apply OS patches and deploy new releases in the SIT, UAT and Production environments
• Provide technical support the Earthdata user and partner community
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in software development, systems engineering, and the deployment and transition of information systems into complex, federated systems with high availability requirements.
• Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing
• UNIX/Linux OS
• Shell scripting
• Experience developing server-side applications in Ruby, Clojure or other dynamic and functional languages.
• Knowledge of at least one formal programming language: Java, etc.
• In-depth full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
• Familiarity with the git source code management system.
• Full understanding of HTML5/CSS (ability to hand-code semantic markup and style it)
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related scientific technical discipline
• U.S. Citizen
• Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
• Java and/or Clojure
• Database Administration (preferably Oracle or PostGres)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
• Familiarity with NASA’s EOSDIS project the EED program, CMR or ECHO
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Red Canyon contracts with NASA, NREL (National Renewable Energy Lab), DoD, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, Millennium Engineering, United Launch Alliance, Harris Inc., SAIC, Lewis & Fowler, Ball Aerospace, Sierra Nevada Corporation, and Raytheon among others. We specialize in building spacecraft, developing renewable energy technologies to help make our planet a better world and cutting edge research and development. Our disciplines include systems engineering, mechanical design, structural analysis, real time flight and ground software, simulation software, user interface software, and mission management software. We help our contractors with the full life cycle of product development from requirements to test and delivery.
Some of the programs we have previously or currently worked on include: Mars 98, Odyssey 01, Stardust, Genesis and Deep Impact, Mars Phoenix, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Orion, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, GOES-R, OSIRIS-REx, Maven, JUNO, Grail, and the MarsFlight and LunarSIM Simulation. We also work on classified programs.
Red Canyon is located in scenic Denver, Colorado. We are a small company that maintains a flat organization to decrease our overhead and costs to our customers. Our number one focus is to solve some of the most complicated engineering problems humankind is facing.
We have a fun and talented team of engineers and we are committed to our engineers continued success and development. Included in our employment package are immediate HUBZone bonus, health benefits, profit sharing, referral bonuses, and a generous 401(K) retirement plan.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org