We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* System Administrator, Principal on EED-2
ASAP - 9/30/16
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a principal system administrator (SA) on the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program for Raytheon at their Riverdale location in Maryland.
• Must have experience automating tasks using scripting languages (e.g., UNIX shell, Perl, Python, Powershell)
• Must have knowledge of core system and security applications and protocols such as basic TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, NFS, LDAP, SSH, Kerberos.
• Must have knowledge of Web service platforms such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Ruby on Rails
• Must have knowledge of storage volume management (e.g. LVM) and filesystems (EXT, XFS)
• Must have proven understanding of high availability, data/system replication, and disaster recovery methodologies in the system and database spaces.
• Must have knowledge of VMWare virtualization.
• Knowledge and experience in vulnerability scanning and patch management tools.
• Knowledge and experience in the implementation of the NIST Risk Management Framework
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to successfully interact in a customer-facing position on a regular basis
• Must have a BS degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, or 8 years direct experience in lieu of degree
• Must have a minimum of 6+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator (RedHat or CentOS Linux 6 or 7)
• Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience with IT Security and Information Assurance
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player
• U.S. Citizen
• Highly desire certification in Red Hat Enterprise (RHCE), or Oracle Enterprise Linux (Linux Administrator OCA), or Linux Foundation Linux Certification (LFCE). RHCE is preferred.
• Highly desire Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
• Experience with creation, modification and maintenance of IT System Security Plans (SSP), IT Risk Assessments, Contingency Plans to support government environments, ideally for NASA
• Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
• Experience with application container technologies such as LXC, Docker, or Rocket
• Experience supporting software development teams, tools, and processes
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org