We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Network Engineer on EED-2
ASAP - 9/30/16
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a Network Engineer on the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program for Raytheon at their Riverdale location in Maryland.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
Network Engineering Analyst will be responsible for designing, planning, installing, and supporting the EED-2 network communications systems. This individual will be responsible for all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing of EED-2 systems, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, and gateways. The Network Analyst will conduct test to ensure the network design meets system requirements and will continually evaluate and assess new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all network resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
• Install new / rebuild existing network devices and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, and directories in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Provide support of operational system for urgent/emergency response.
• Must have a BS degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, or 6 years direct experience in lieu of degree
• Must have a minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Network Administrator / Engineer
• Must have knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD)
• Must have experience with network tools such as Cacti, Nagios, RANCID, SNMP and Netflow, NFSen/NFdump and FlowViewer.
• Must have knowledge of Juniper JUNOS and Cisco IOS Operating systems
• Must have knowledge of the following Layer2 switching protocols: VLAN’s; trunking technologies; LACP, PAGP, VRRP/HSRP, 802.1Q trunking, VPC, VTP and STP,VSTP and MST in a Cisco, HP and Juniper environments.
• Must have experience with RADIUS/TACACS+ and MS Network Policy Server.
• Must have experience with physically installing network devices and cables in equipment racks.
• Familiarity with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and metric based reporting.
• Ability to troubleshoot network problems and device appropriate solutions.
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player
• U.S. Citizen
• Highly desire experience with F5 LTMs and TMSH with iRules scripting.
• Experience with HP ProCurves, HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 network devices.
• Experience with Juniper Virtual Chassis, Juniper SRX and Cisco ASA firewalls.
• Experience with Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization.
• Experience with Linux system administrator (RedHat or CentOS Linux 6 or 7).
• Experience with VMWare vSphere 5.x or later versions.
• Experience automating tasks using scripting languages (e.g., shell, Perl, Python, Powershell).
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org