We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* System Administrator on EED-2
Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping mankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a System Administrator (SA) on the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program for Raytheon at their Riverdale location in Maryland.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
SA will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of system hardware, application software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, application software and related procedures adhere to EED and NASA standards and policies.
SA will participate in all phases of system development and deployment. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of development and operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation also involves the transition of software from development to production by performing deployment activities within the project life-cycle.
• Must have a BS degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, or 4 years direct experience in lieu of degree
• Must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator (RedHat or CentOS Linux 6 or 7)
• Must have experience automating tasks using scripting languages (e.g., shell, Perl, Python, Powershell)
• Must have knowledge of core system and security applications and protocols such as basic TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, NFS, LDAP, SSH, Kerberos.
Must have foundational understanding and working skills in analyzing and correcting application and network anomalies.
• Must have knowledge of Web service platforms such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Ruby on Rails
• Must have knowledge of storage volume management and filesystems
• Must have proven understanding of high availability, data/system replication, and disaster recovery methodologies in the system and database spaces.
• Must have knowledge of VMWare virtualization.
• U.S. Citizen
• Certification in Red Hat Enterprise (RHCE), Oracle Enterprise Linux (Linux Administrator OCA), or Linux Foundation Linux Certification (LFCE). RHCE is preferred.
• Experience with Postgres and/or MySQL
• Network administration experience
• Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
• Experience with application container technologies such as LXC, Docker, or Rocket
• Experience supporting software development teams, tools, and processes
• Familiarity with agile development methodologies
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org