We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Tool Engineer
Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping mankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a Tool Engineer for United Launch Alliance (ULA).
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
• Develop 3D Tool designs and release tool drawing using NX4 and PRO-E
• Develop, release and maintain tool orders
• Develop, release and maintain Tool Usage Instructions (TUI)
• Review and disposition tooling PIRs
• Responsible for investigating and taking corrective action on tooling problems occurring as a result of a manufacturing, engineering, tooling, or planning error, and on problems relating to tool maintenance.
• Provide support to manufacture of tool designs
• Bachelors degree in Engineering (Industrial, Systems, Manufacturing, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent experience in an engineering job classification
• Extensive experience in Factory Tooling or Ground Support System concept development, design and drawing development
• Good verbal and written skills
• 15 years of work experience in a tooling environment
• Experience utilizing 3D Computer Aided Design Systems (eg PRO-E, NX, etc)
• Proficient in Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Good interpersonal skills
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Red Canyon contracts with NASA, NREL (National Renewable Energy Lab), DoD, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, Millennium Engineering, ULA, Exelis Inc., SAIC, Lewis & Fowler, Ball Aerospace, and Sierra Nevada Corporation, among others. We specialize in building spacecraft, developing renewable energy technologies to help make our planet a better world and cutting edge research and development. Our disciplines include systems engineering, mechanical design, structural analysis, real time flight and ground software, simulation software, user interface software, and mission management software. We help our contractors with the full life cycle of product development from requirements to test and delivery.
Some of the programs we have previously or currently worked on include: Mars 98, Odyssey 01, Stardust, Genesis and Deep Impact, Mars Phoenix, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Orion, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, GOES-R, OSIRIS-REx, Maven, JUNO, Grail, and the MarsFlight and LunarSIM Simulation. We also work on classified programs.
Red Canyon is located in scenic Denver, Colorado. We are a small company that maintains a flat organization to decrease our overhead and costs to our customers. Our number one focus is to solve some of the most complicated engineering problems humankind is facing.
We have a fun and talented team of engineers and we are committed to our engineers continued success and development. Included in our employment package are immediate HUBZone bonus, health benefits, profit sharing, referral bonuses, and a generous 401(K) retirement plan.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org