We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Electrical Ground Support Equipment Engineer
ASAP - 9/30/2015 (subject to change)
The Contractor shall provide CAD support to the Orion Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) IPT. Candidate engineers shall have a background/experience with Orion EGSE design, drawing development, checking process, and common parts/materials.
• Research, design, develop and create detail drawings and parts lists for mechanical products and systems for Orion EGSE such as rack enclosures, junction boxes, case equipment, and hand-held instruments. Primary function for EGSE will be model generation and drawing preparation.
• Perform In-Group Checking function of detail drawings and parts lists for mechanical products and systems for Orion EGSE such as rack enclosures, junction boxes, case equipment, and hand held instruments
• Familiar with Orion drafting and drawing release practices
• ASME Y14.100 with emphasis on Y14.5
• Use of GD&T
• Bachelor Degree, Masters preferred
• Strong technical and communicative skills
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven
• Passionate about space exploration
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Red Canyon contracts with NASA, USAF, NREL, Lockheed Martin, LASP at CU Boulder, SEAKR Engineering, and Ball Aerospace among others. We specialize in building spacecraft, developing renewable energy technologies to help make our planet a better world and cutting edge research and development. Our disciplines include systems engineering, mechanical design, structural analysis, real time flight and ground software, simulation software, user interface software, and mission management software. We help our contractors with the full life cycle of product development from requirements to test and delivery.
Some of the programs we have previously or currently worked on include: Mars 98, Odyssey 01, Stardust, Genesis and Deep Impact, Mars Phoenix, Mark Reconnaissance Orbiter, Orion, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and the MarsFlight and LunarSIM Simulation. We also work on classified programs.
Red Canyon is located in scenic Denver, Colorado. We are a small company that maintains a flat organization to decrease our overhead and costs to our customers. Our number one focus is to solve some of the most complicated engineering problems humankind is facing.
We have a fun and talented team of engineers and we are committed to our engineers continued success and development. Included in our employment package are immediate health benefits, profit sharing, referral bonuses and a generous 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com