We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Big Data Solutions Architect/Engineer - Part time
3 month with possible extension
Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping mankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a data architect at the National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL), in Golden, Colorado. This position it part time, approximately 10-20 hours per week.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
Description: The Contractor will be tasked with creating and modifying architecture for the Energy Systems Integration Facility (ESIF) End User Support System (EUSS), which is a MySQL database with Java interface and workflows. Additional tasking will include integration and architecture of the EUSS with other NREL business systems and the movement of data between the systems.
Tasks: The Contractor will work under the direction of the project leader and the manager. Many modifications and enhancements to the EUSS have been identified with more being identified periodically. The Contractor will be assigned to evaluate those enhancements and modifications, provide time estimates, and when approved, complete the enhancements. Additional, emergency patches and bug repair are as required. Integration with other NREL business systems using web services and other APIs should be anticipated.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Competency with Java back-end development, preferably Java web applications using Spring;
• Other applications: Hibernate, REST, MySQL, Jasper Reports;
• Recent experience with Java web applications (J2EE) is a must;
• Ability to identify, interpret, and correct Java code issues;
• Ability to develop enterprise level databases and create intuitive user interfaces;
• Troubleshooting of data and communication workflows;
• Agile project management principles;
• System architecture and integration
• Related Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of experience;
• Related Master’s degree plus 5 years of experience;
• Experience with UI development and technologies: JSP, jQuery, RichFaces;
• Experience using and modifying APIs for data transfer;
• Experience in ‘machine learning’
Please send resume and cover letter to hr-dataa