We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Software Developer
Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping mankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a software developer on the KLXS-II program.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
Identify requirements for the development and enhancement of finance and cost control software applications; Develop software functionality utilizing standard tools (e.g. Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2, SQL Server Management Studio, Adobe Dreamweaver CS4, Red Gate SQL Comparison Bundle, TortoiseSVN, WinMerge, Adobe Creative Suite 5.1); Perform analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of new features from emerging user requirements. Implement functionality seamlessly into application environment such that new features are consistent with and improve design and interaction methods. Provide operational support such as code optimization and bug fixes to existing application functionality. Incorporate new custom feature requests into the applications. Develop prototypes for dashboards and other performance metric tools.
• Test avionics software in an environment that emulates the space system or vehicle in which the system will operate.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 10-15 years of experience in software development and testing
• ColdFusion and SQL applications experience
• Working knowledge of other software tools
• Software training experience
• UI design/usability experience
• Any type of SQL Reporting (e.g. Crystal Reports, SSRS)
• Engineer or science degree (BS), Masters of Science
• Strong technical and communicative skills
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven
• Passionate about space exploration
• Experience with ground systems design and development
• Experience with NASA policies and procedures
• Experience with software code integration
• Knowledge of NASA Budgeting cycle is a plus.
• Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org