We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Flight Software Engineer
Flight Software Engineer
Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping mankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a flight software engineer on the Orion program.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
Responsibilities & Requirements
1) The Contractor shall perform Orion FSW requirements/systems engineering activities for Orion MPCV Spacecraft and spacecraft testing activities as directed by the technical POC. This work entails performing SysML modeling of use case / activity diagrams and developing requirements of flight software capabilities.
2) The Contractor shall perform Orion FSW development and development testing of FSW code utilizing Model Based Design approaches; establish development and test tools; identify and resolve anomalies during test on various software- and system-level platforms; identify and implement required software modifications and participating in technical reviews/audits of software products.
3) Perform Orion FSW verification, integration, and test activities for Orion MPCV Spacecraft and spacecraft testing. This work entails performing software problem resolution, developing test procedures, test cases, dry runs, formal runs for record, post test analysis, test report generation and OTL (SNL, VTB, ITL, O&C and SOCRRATES) integration of flight software capabilities.
4) The Contractor shall support the continued maintenance and code correction errors throughout the use of the software against the spacecraft in test and flight. Sustaining is the corrections of code errors or defects found after verification is complete.
5) The Contractor will support Mission/Reconfiguration support to ISPs, lab, subsystem test, system test, O&C vehicle testing to prepare for, execute, troubleshoot testing that uses flight software.
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Red Canyon contracts with NASA, USAF, NREL, Lockheed Martin, LASP at CU Boulder, SEAKR Engineering, and Ball Aerospace among others. We specialize in building spacecraft, developing renewable energy technologies to help make our planet a better world and cutting edge research and development. Our disciplines include systems engineering, mechanical design, structural analysis, real time flight and ground software, simulation software, user interface software, and mission management software. We help our contractors with the full life cycle of product development from requirements to test and delivery.
Some of the programs we have previously or currently worked on include: Mars 98, Odyssey 01, Stardust, Genesis and Deep Impact, Mars Phoenix, Mark Reconnaissance Orbiter, Crew Exploration Vehicle – ORION, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and the MarsFlight and LunarSIM Simulation. We also work on classified programs.
Red Canyon is located in scenic Denver, Colorado. We are a small company that maintains a flat organization to decrease our overhead and costs to our customers. Our number one focus is to solve some of the most complicated engineering problems humankind is facing.
We have a fun and talented team of engineers and we are committed to our engineers continued success and development. Included in our employment package are immediate health benefits, profit sharing, referral bonuses and a generous 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com