We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Global Trade Controls Specialist
Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping mankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a Global Trade Controls Specialist on an aerospace program.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
• Attention to detail, good analytical skills, ability to identify and implement process improvements in the organization of data.
• Perform detailed research and analysis to gather and summarize data in support of investigations on hardware shipments and other Global Trade Controls activities.
• Review historical hardware shipments and create excel databases for various export/import classifications.
• Develop training rosters, public release approvals.
• Ensures compliance with U.S. Government (e.g., Customs, State, BATFE, Commerce)
• Export/import laws and regulations as well as foreign export/import laws and regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of imported/exported products.
• Generate required Customs documentation (e.g., commercial invoice, Shipper's Letter of Instruction, etc.) and filings (e.g., AES) to support export shipments
• Determine HTS classifications, valuation and country of origin for export/import shipments
• Ensure compliance with terms and conditions of USG export and import licenses
• Identify applicability of any government agency requirements as applicable to import shipments
• Maintain company Customs bond and other specific bonds, as required
• Coordinate with foreign shippers to ensure compliant import documentation
• Determine applicability of Free Trade Agreements and other duty minimization programs
• Conduct pre- and post-entry import shipment audits
• Provide specialized training to internal customers
• Identify, coordinate and implement process improvement changes within the enterprise
• Develop risk mitigation and corrective action plans to ensure compliant export/import transactions
• Support and maintain import programs such as Customs-Trade Partnership Against
• Terrorism (C-TPAT) and the Import Self-Assessment Program (ISA)
• Ensure compliance to applicable export laws to Operations team for international travel, foreign visits, control plans, meetings, public releases, and tours.