We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Parts (PMP) Engineer - Orion Spacecraft
Skills: Aeronautical/Aerospace Manufacturing, Metallurgy, Systems Engineering
Parts, Materials and Processes (PMP) engineer for the Orion Spacecraft program. The candidate shall have an engineering education and a minimum of 5 years experience in one or more of the following disciplines: structural metallurgy or polymeric materials (structural metallurgy preferred). The candidate should have relevant experience in the aerospace industry (manned spacecraft experience preferred), The engineer shall support tasks as directed by the LM M&P Lead which shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1) Ensure that requirements for control and application of materials, processes and mechanical parts are met for hardware designed for a manned
spacecraft program and approve drawings when requirements are met;
2) Review in‐house and subcontractor designs, plans and associated documentation for proper technical application of PMP;
4) Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the application of specific part, material or process technologies, depending upon technical background.
5) Assist in creation and maintenance of parts, materials and processes databases;
6) Develop metallic, non‐metallic and/or composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes;
7 Develop, analyze and apply material properties and design allowables;
8) Provide technical input to program standard and specialized drawing notes and cross‐reference documentation;
9) Perform qualification of new PMP items and perform troubleshooting and analysis of hardware failures related to the selection or application of material
**5 years CRADLE experience (or something similar like DOORS)
** Bachelors Degree, Master preferred
**Strong technical and communicative skills
**Experience working for aerospace, military or other government agencies
** Self motivated, detail oriented, goal driven
**Passionate about space exploration