We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*NEW* Systems Test Engineer, Associate on EOSDIS
ASAP - 9/30/21
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be an associate level system test engineer on the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program for Raytheon. The work will be performed on-site at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC), Maryland, or on a telecommuting basis.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
A talented systems test engineer is needed on Raytheon’s EED (EOSDIS Evolution and Development) team which supports NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions. Specifically, this opening is for an engineer on the Common Metadata Repository (CMR) team and associated client user interfaces. The CMR system is a highly responsive system allowing for sub-second response queries across hundreds of millions of data records. It responds to over 2 million queries each week from around the world. It has two premier clients, the Earthdata Search Client (https://search.earthdata.nasa.gov) and the Metadata Management Tool (https://mmt.earthdata.nasa.gov). The team is in need of a systems engineer to focus on:
• Testing API level capabilities using the REST protocol
• Executing manual testing of the Earthdata Search Client and MMT
• Helping developers improve the usability of the systems they are building
EED is committed to using agile development practices and a devops approach on its high performing teams. As such, engineers are expected to be self-starters and participate in all aspects of the system development lifecycle. Additionally, engineers are encouraged to regularly suggest improvements to EED processes and tools in order to make our products better and our work more efficient.
• Up to 2 years of experience developing or testing enterprise level systems
• Experience with manual testing of user interfaces and backend applications
• Experience with automated testing and continuous integration
• Experience with the REST protocol
• Experience with the Linux OS and server side scripting languages.
• Understanding of good usability practices
• Ability to work as a member of small team using the Scrum development methodology
• Proponent of continuous improvement and willingness to bring new ideas to the team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player that is comfortable with open communications and varied collaboration tools.
• Degree in a technical major, such as Computer Science or Engineering
• Earth Science, GIS and/or remote sensing domain knowledge
• Experience using browser debugging tools
• Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org