We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*NEW* Associate Contract Administrator
$30-40k/year with benefits
Responsible for administrative tasks associated with government contract management for our aerospace engineering services. Regular responsibilities include: overseeing contract spending/funding, expiration dates, time charging, and interfacing with customer Contract Administrators for all contracts and subcontracts for the company. Assist with recruiting, human resources, bookkeeping, and contract-related matters in invoicing and payroll as needed. Serve as main point of contact for all current customers, working patiently and reliably with a variety of personalities. Must be organized, sharp, efficient, and personable. This work is 95% digital, so proficiency using Excel and Windows is required.
This person likes:
• A diverse and detailed workload, with constantly revolving deadlines
• Auditing and finding discrepancies
• Analyzing data, both words and numbers
• Streamlining processes and creating new methods of information management
• A small-business culture – wearing many hats, learning about and supporting a variety of different areas of company operations to help the team succeed
• Process, organize, and maintain contract and subcontract files
• Monitor contract funding and spending, manage extensions and increases in value
• Manage employee timekeeping, overtime requests, and travel approval
• Support bid and proposal efforts
• Support engineer recruiting efforts
• Provide administrative support for human resources and bookkeeping
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or management field
• 0-3 years of experience working in an office environment
• Highly computer savvy - learn new software quickly, independently troubleshoot technical difficulties
• Strong intermediate (or higher) skills with MS Office, particularly Excel
• Impeccable attention to detail and organization skills
• Strong reading and comprehension skills
• Ability to comfortably and independently manage a large number of diverse tasks and deadlines
• Excellent customer service & communication skills; in person, over the phone, and via email
• Positive referrals and references
• Experience reading or writing contract language
• Experience using QuickBooks
• Passion for math & numbers
• Experience using Dropbox, Google Drive & online editing tools
• Customer service experience
Compensation: $30-40k/year with competitive benefits
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in joining Red Canyon’s kick-ass team, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. We expect your answers to serve as your cover letter; please do not submit a separate cover letter.
• Answer these six questions in the body of your email:
1. What are you passionate about?
2. What type of work environment/culture are you looking for and why?
3. What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
4. What are your relevant skills?
5. List all software programs you're experienced with and give us examples of how you have used them, solved problems, and created new solutions (if applicable).
6. Is there anything we did not ask you that you think would be useful for us to consider as the next Associate Contract Administrator?
Below is Red Canyon’s procedure to hire our Associate Contract Administrator:
• Candidate submits resume and Q&A responses to email@example.com
• Phone Screening
• Top candidates complete Comprehensive Questionnaire
• Red Canyon will hold in-person interviews and skills assessment with top candidates
• Top candidates complete personality testing
• Red Canyon will hold in-person interviews with top candidates
• Off-site luncheon with top candidate(s)
• Red Canyon will make employment offer