We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*NEW* Software Engineer on EOSDIS EED2 at GSFC
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a Software Engineer on the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program for Raytheon. The work will be performed on-site at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC), Maryland.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
The NASA EED2 Program is seeking a Software Engineer to support the NASA Sentinel Gateway (NSG) system operation. The NSG system is designed to ingest Sentinel mission data products from the European Space Agency (ESA) and make them available to a selected set of EOSDIS Distributed Active Archive Centers (DAACs) for distribution to the earth science user community. The NSG system is currently in operation ingesting and distributing large volume of Sentinel data products in the order of several terabytes per week.
As a member of the operation support team the candidate will support NSG daily operation activities including, but not limited to, application jobs configuration, application workflow monitoring, system health monitoring, operations metrics collection and reporting, data reconciliation with ESA data hub and the DAACs, diagnosing/troubleshooting operations issues, and supporting operations maintenance. The qualified candidate will also support the NSG development team in the areas of system integration testing, acceptance testing, and application release deployment.
• Monitor the system’s health and status daily, 8 hour/5 day support, including week-end coverage on rotating schedule. This includes monitoring ingest, storage, distribution, and deletion of data products from the system.
• Determine and acquire missing products. Support data reconciliation activities.
• Track, troubleshoot, correct, and document any system issues found.
• Maintain documentation required to capture and communicate operations, processes, policies and procedures.
• Collect and report quantitative information on NSG system holdings, availability, performance, and usage.
• Maintain inbound and outbound staging areas.
• Perform NSG system integration testing, acceptance testing, and application release deployment
• Support external interface testing with the DAAC systems
• 4 or more years of system development/operations engineering experience preferably in the area of earth science data systems
• Hands-on experience in system integration testing, acceptance testing, and application release deployment
• Proficiency in Linux shell scripting, and Perl or Python
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player
• Strong written and verbal communication
• US Citizen
• Experience using Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience in agile development methodology and practices
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Red Canyon contracts with NASA, NREL (National Renewable Energy Lab), DoD, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, Millennium Engineering, United Launch Alliance, Harris Inc., SAIC, Lewis & Fowler, Ball Aerospace, Sierra Nevada Corporation, and Raytheon among others. We specialize in building spacecraft, developing renewable energy technologies to help make our planet a better world and cutting edge research and development. Our disciplines include systems engineering, mechanical design, structural analysis, real time flight and ground software, simulation software, user interface software, and mission management software. We help our contractors with the full life cycle of product development from requirements to test and delivery.
Some of the programs we have previously or currently worked on include: Mars 98, Odyssey 01, Stardust, Genesis and Deep Impact, Mars Phoenix, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Orion, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, GOES-R, OSIRIS-REx, Maven, JUNO, Grail, and the MarsFlight and LunarSIM Simulation. We also work on classified programs.
Red Canyon is located in scenic Denver, Colorado. We are a small company that maintains a flat organization to decrease our overhead and costs to our customers. Our number one focus is to solve some of the most complicated engineering problems humankind is facing.
We have a fun and talented team of engineers and we are committed to our engineers continued success and development. Included in our employment package are immediate HUBZone bonus, health benefits, profit sharing, referral bonuses, and a generous 401(K) retirement plan.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org