We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*NEW* Software Engineer (dev) on EOSDIS
ASAP - 9/30/17
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a Software Engineer on the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program for Raytheon at their Riverdale location in Maryland.
The EOSDIS is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing. The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the NASA EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
1. Support the Earthdata suite of applications (COTS and Custom Built). Primary application will be Earthdata Login.
2. Respond to end-user requests in a timely manner.
3. Support developers and engineers with the automation of tasks and development of scripts.
4. Develop an integrated testing system to include website testing.
5. Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary.
1. 1-2 years of experience performing operational support duties for a large complex system
2. Ability to clearly articulate project status or operational issues to management and to the end users
3. 1-2 years of experience working with small web development teams working in an Agile methodology (preferably SCRUM) from initial requirements through delivery and maintenance.
4. Experience with Agile development practices, specifically TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, and automated testing using Cucumber.
5. Experience using Ruby on Rails and Java. Ideal candidate would have experience developing RESTful web services, and integrating with existing SOAP services.
6. Must have proven ability to prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent project activities.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
8. Energetic, self motivated, team player
9. All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
10. U.S. Citizen
1. Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA for bug tracking, Confluence for collaboration, and preferably Bamboo for continuous integration and delivery).
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org