We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Software Engineer Senior (design)
ASAP - 9/30/16
Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping mankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, goal driven individual to be a Senior Software Engineer on the Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) Evolution and Development 2 (EED-2) program for Raytheon at their Riverdale location in Maryland.
After reading the below requirements and responsibilities, if you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email your Word formatted resume and cover letter (in the body of the email) that details how your experience and education are a perfect match for our requirements.
The EOSDIS is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing. The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the NASA EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
• As a member of the team you will participate in the design and development of the next generation application platform for the NASA EED program. Internally this role is one of a DevOps engineer.
• Ensure compliance to various program/project and NASA standards and requirements as well as the legal requirements of (SEC-508).
• Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary.
• 5-8 years of in-depth full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
• In-depth understanding of application hosting, including the use of virtual machine
• 5-8 years of programming experience in Java, Ruby on Rails or Clojure, particularly within an Agile development environment.
• 5-8 years of experience with the UNIX OS and server side scripting languages.
• 3-5 years of experience deploying code to Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) solutions using best-of-breed software packages for CI (continuous integration)/CD (continuous deployment) tools. Examples of tools are Capistrano, Bamboo, Puppet, and Chef
• Must have proven ability to manage, prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities.
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration and open communications.
• Must possess the ability to assess architecture and current system limitations.
• All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
• U.S. Citizen
• Experience with cloud computing/architectures
• Understanding of hardware and networking equipment design.
• Experience with implementing and maintaining hardware and networking components such as servers, routers and switches.
• Experience in designing and implementing, and supporting infrastructures and operations. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com