We attract ambitious engineers who are in the top of their field. Our engineers are passionate about their professions and do not view work as just “jobs”. We work hard, enjoy life, and try to minimize politics in the workplace. In all we do, we inspire enthusiasm, encourage commitment, and enjoy the moment. Click here to find out more about why you should join the Red Canyon team!
To apply for a position with Red Canyon, follow the instructions under that job posting.
*filled* Information Configuration Auditing Analyst at KSC on GSDO KLXS-II
Position Summary: Information and Configuration Management (ICM) position supporting the Ground Systems Development and Operations (LX) Program, Planning and Control Office, Contracts and Configuration Management Branch
Job Description: Apply Configuration and Data Management processing principles, methods, and practices; quality assurance principles; technical documentation methods and procedures; systems security methods and procedures; analytical methods; and oral and written communication techniques sufficient to maintain information management system(s) to meet customer requirements. Candidate will be responsible for direct adherence to established guidelines, procedures and policies. Candidate will resolve issues regarding information and configuration management. Frequently interacts with customers and/or other ICM personnel. Normally receives no instructions on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments. This may include interfacing between other NASA Centers, KSC NASA Directorates and KSC contractors. Has the knowledge and experience to be able to handle unusual and seldom occurring job events with minimal assistance.
Education: Candidate must have a Bachelor’s of Science Degree.
Level of experience: Must have 6 to 8 years of related experience in the field of configuration and data management including configuration auditing (functional and physical configuration audits). An additional four years of experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. Certification in Configuration and Data Management from an industry recognized organization (National Defense Industrial Association or equivalent) is preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Strong knowledge of audit, control and monitoring processes, and the ability to effectively implement and maintain them
• Develops and maintains audit standards, processes, policies and procedures, tools and reports, in collaboration with the ICM Lead
• Conducts routine and ad-hoc audits based on established schedules and criteria; identifies errors and causes; makes recommendations to address discrepancies
• Reviews incidents and performs audits if necessary
• Maintains a record/database of all auditing functions performed, including dates, participants, findings, required follow-up, and all other relevant information
• Documents and reports the audit findings to the ICM Lead; including recommendations for improved policies and/or procedures
• Strong knowledge of database concepts and terminology
• Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to seek alternatives, new ideas, and/or approaches to problems, and develop and implement solutions.
• Develop database attributes and perform data mapping/modeling of legacy and new CM data
• Research and develop customer and user requirements for integrating ICM tool upgrades
• Provide guidance to Change Package Engineers (CPEs) to facilitate configuration audits
• Develop and maintain diagrams, data, documents, spreadsheets, and presentations for the LX team’s technical documentation; adding and modifying documents for internal websites.
• Review, identify, and resolve issues associated with the ICM Deliverables/Receivables in support of Ground Systems Development and Operations (GSDO) Milestone Technical Reviews (e.g., PDR, CDR, SIR, DCR, and SAR)
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
• Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate the various software functions, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, a collaborative application framework (e.g., SharePoint), etc., and use the internet
• Knowledge of PTC Windchill, TechDoc, and KDDMS
• Strong data analytical and problem-solving; Organizational management; Leadership skills and ability to work independently in a team environment
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com